Monday, March 23, 2009

Great Day!

Saturday was a great day! It started with Don's very last church ball game in this stake. After 4 years that was a big thing, at least for me it was. Church ball has been a big part of our lives since we have lived here, causing many injuries, some of which required surgery. Then he served as the stake athletic director for about two years. So it was a milestone for us I think.

Next was on to Jaron's first soccer game. He did really well. After the first half not many of his team member wanted to come back and play. There were three of his team member on the field in the second half and he was the only one that went for the ball. With so many of the other team playing and just him he did really good I would say. He did get confused being the only one needing to go the other direction and made a goal for the other team. He thought that was a great thing and when everyone said otherwise, he cried, but only for a minute. Dad reassured him he was doing great and he was back at it! He was such a trooper making friends with the other team and giving everyone a high five at the end of the game. He truly is a gift in our lives!




The next event for the day was the surprise birthday party for Lynnette. Aunt Cathy and Grandma Gray headed the whole thing up, with Katie and I as side kicks. We had the party at our church house since SLC is such a central location for a lot of family and friends. Don and a most of his family went off to the Real Salt Lake soccer game and left the weaklings behind to set up. I am so greatful Dani was there to help with the table and chairs she was a life-saver. Also Biff was a great help to watch the two littlest ones of the family. Katie and Lynnette took the 3 older grand kids and Melinda to the UMFA for the free third Sat. event. After all the planning I think everything turned out wonderful. All the pictures of Lynnette through her life were so fun to see. We are so glad the suprise worked too she didn't have a clue until we opened a dark room and you could see Aunt Cathy's flash ready. It was really nice to have all the family there and I had lots of fun making one of the cakes. It had a few accidents with Bryson hitting it with a ball and eating the roses off of it. Then I also need to work on my piping skills so I don't have to try and ice over the sides with the edges done, but all in all it looks pretty good.
The last event was just a dinner with Don's imediate family. It was a nice way to end the day.

5 comments:

Hayden said...

How cute is Jaron? What a stud! So glad to hear that you are still keeping up and decorating cakes! Looks awesome! Hope all is well!

Trina said...

That cake looks excellent! I love how excited Jaron was playing soccer. You do such a great job with everything!

Amy Simms said...

I love little kid soccer. It is so fun to see the kids and all the funny things they do as they play. How fun!

Kent and Nan said...

The cake turned out beautifully. You can be the official family cake-maker. Love, Mom

Marmee said...

It was about as perfect as a day can get! The cake was amazing as was the fact that I had no idea what I was walking into - guess I'm slipping - so glad you're all there to catch me. Your hard work and efforts meant the world to me. You're incredible!