
After 13 years my little dog Pepper finally went to heaven.
I got her for my 13th birthday from the pound. She was two years old and had been severely abused by her previous owners. She had several ribs that had healed incorrectly. Her windpipe had been crushed, making it hard to breath at times. Her hip also had been injured and fell out of socket when she ran. I saw this little dog in the window and knew no one else would want her. They said she was being put to sleep the next day. So I took the ugliest of the bunch.
She was always a very loving dog licking my tears when I cried and seeming very concerned. She never bit out children unless she was approached while in her bed, her safe spot. She even would act as if she was going to bit, putting her mouth around their arm or leg, just letting them know she didn't like what they were doing.
Father's Day morning nothing was out of the norm. She ran with me to get Eldon up and then ran back down the hall to go to her door. When I came out of the boy's room she was laying in the hall. It looked like she was trying to itch her ear so I bent down to scratch them for her. But I realized she was not okay. He breathing was really labored and her eyes glazing over. I continued to stroke my little dog, her chest filled then all the air went out. It was very peaceful and appeared painless.
She was buried under out tree that night in her blanket, in a box. We all said some words about her and covered her. She now rests in our backyard awaiting the resurrection.
The boys were her care takers. Bryson got her food, Jaron the water. Bryson woke to go check on her and asked where she was. His major concern was that we no longer have a dog. His request is a brown dog. He still remembers the lesson we had a Easter about the resurrection and talks about Pepper coming back to life often. Jaron was a little sad, but also has a lot of faith in Heavenly Father's plan, even for our pets.
We love ya Pepperoni, thanks for being such a great dog.
2 comments:
Great tribute for a great dog.
Sorry to hear about your dog. I have also lost a dog before and its not easy.
Post a Comment