One year ago we entered the state of Texas. I wanted to do a post saying some things I have learned over the past year. From one of my favorite movies comes, "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger." I have felt that way many times this last year. My trials didn't kill me they made me stronger and I like to reflect after each trial to see what I have learned. So I have learned:
1- I can survive over 115 degree humid weather, with no AC & it won't cook the baby inside me.
2- I need to read EVERY WORD of EVERY contract I sign, who knows what is really in it.
3- I am a lot stronger than I give myself credit for.
4- I have learned I can give natural birth to a child.
5- I learned how spiritual natural birth can be & the instant bond it creates with the infant.
6- I gained a new respect for family and the support they can give even so far away.
7- Don & I learned to truly communicate. We were good before, but when you are all each other have, you learn really quick to be united and talk things out.
8- I gained a testimony of food storage. Have it! Who knows when you will need it.
9- My faith in my Heavenly Father's plan for me, grew immensely as I learned to rely on him for EVERYTHING.
10- I learned the importance of temples. Dallas is two hours away. But going is so vital to a happy home, the sacrifice is worth it.
11- I learned the basics of putting up sheet rock.
12- I have learned to be self-reliant spiritually. I struggled, but did learn to be happy no matter what was happening and who was upset.
13- I learned how to plant a garden (still not awesome at this)
14- Although I learned I am strong, I also learned my body has limits and not to push it.
15- I learned how to cook all over again at a different altitude.
16- I learned to make my own laundry soap.
17- I learned the difference between needs and wants.
18- I learned the in-and-outs of buying a house.
19- I learned no mater where you live the gospel is true.
20- I learned to be humble and except help sometimes.
21- I learned the value of friendship.
22- I learned that I can find great joy in being a mother.
23- I learned from the people here to just relax sometimes.
24- I have learned to identify many insects, snakes, and spiders. Including the brown recluse.
25- I have learned that love really can solve so many things : )
My time is up, but these are a few of the priceless lessons I learned this year. I am sure I will forget some and have to learn them again and again. After all I am just human.
1 comment:
It sounds like it been a rough year, but you have such a positive outlook. You learned a lot even if it was difficult at times. You guys were sure brave to move out of State. I know I would be terrified. I hope all is well now!
Post a Comment