Thursday, October 14, 2010

THE birthday party






Bugs
Swamp Water w/ flies
Alligator eyes & hide
Worms & dirt
The invites

Bryson Scott Hughes is 3 years old!! I was not going to do a party, but I really have fun planning and doing creative fun kid stuff so . . . The cake was always back and forth, "I want a lion cake, no I want a zebra cake, no I want a snake cake." Snake cake was the cake of choice for his birthday week so that was the large cake. Just in case he changed his mind the day of, I did cupcakes that were all different animal prints, leopard, tiger, zebra, giraffe, and the brown hairy one is a lion (or whatever you want it to be). I did large cupcakes and mini ones for the littler kids. We only invited a few friends so it was not a huge party. Which was good.
Don told me not to do a "Pam" birthday party this year with a craft and planned games, they are only three and need to just play. So the "Pam" party came in the form of the dinner I feed everyone. I am sad to say I did not take a picture of the pizzas before we ate them, but they were all animal prints too, I just used the olives to makes spots for a leopard and pepperoni to make the spots for the giraffe. All the others I took pictures of. I had lots of fun and Bryson really loved it I think. He has such a creative mind, he loves pretend so this was right up his ally.

3 comments:

Kent and Nan said...

And you wonder why you're so tired much of the time? Just getting ready for the party would have put me in bed for days. The actual party - well, that's another thing all together. The cake and cupcakes are great. I particularly like the swamp water.

Anonymous said...

You could make this into a business... you are so creative and talented. Thank-you for being such a terrific Mother!

Tiffany said...

Way cute, and looks like tonz of work. He sure is lucky to have a mom like you!