Yesturday in R.S. we had a lesson on kindness. I have been thinking about this a lot lately. In fact I fasted to have more kindness, love, respect towards my children last month. It went well for a very day, lol. It is really hard to be these things sometimes. It might seem really silly but I am hurt my my children often. This though is something I must accept because having a Christlike heart requires it to be open, which leaves it very susceptible to injury.
Today for example was one of those BAD mornings. It started with Landon waking up at 5:30am. Landon has been really difficult. We love him, but he is very demanding and has lots of tantrums.
Then today was my day to choose breakfast, we all take turns. I choose oatmeal. Bryson started screaming at me that he hated that . . . I was saying all those little prayers in my mind to deal with him kindly, which I did, but he didn't stop. So bed it was.
Jaron didn't want to go to school. He did his little sulky thing he does. He walks around slow with a pouting face and didn't do what he was told. I kept my cool again. I tried to talk to him and in frustration started crying, to which he laughed. Anyway, we ended up being late for school.
Then Eldon was potty trained but has decided that he doesn't want to be any more and now just pees all over. This morning he decided to pee all over the bathroom, literally. Detailed here aren't necessary.
I realized that every other mother has these days. I realize that kindness is the best policy, but some days it is hard. So today I devoted my scripture study to finding comfort to get me through the rest of the day. I also looked on the church website under their great resource "Happiness in Family Life." Here are my words of encouragement to keep doing the right thing and creating that environment of love, compassion, and respect. I constantly have to remind myself, I AM THE ADULT! SO ACT LIKE IT! Let's hope it goes a little better because I must say I am feeling a little unloved, under-appreciated, over used, and the every so deadly inadequate.
“I hope
that the noise of our homes will drop a few decibels, that we will subdue our voices and speak to one
another with greater
appreciation and respect.”
Gordon
B. Hinkley
“Love … comforts, counsels, cures, and consoles.”
The
Great Commandment, Joseph B. Wirthlin
When
life seems tough, home can be a place where we find love, compassion,
and warmth. Within our family, we feel reassured that someone understands and
cares how we feel. And the compassion we witness and
experience at home inspires us to be
more compassionate to others.
2 comments:
You are an AMAZING, CARING, WONDERFUL human being and mother!!!! I am so grateful for you and appreciative of all you do for your four boys and for so many others. I could never do what you do, it has to be the hardest job on the planet... your patience and love is an inspiration!
Over-used and under appreciated - yes, often. Unloved and inadequate - no, never. You are the mother I wish I could have been. I see your Christlike characteristics and KNOW you are a child of God. Only God could make someone as kind, loving, generous, and good as you. Knowing children unintentionally say and do things that hurt doesn't make the hurt hurt less. And acting like an adult isn't all it's cracked up to be. Tomorrow - find a good movie and just have a hot chocolate, popcorn and movie day. Invite the boys to join you only if they want to show how loving they can be. Love you my miracle girl.
Post a Comment