Friday, January 3, 2014

New Years

1-3-2014
So in October I think it was our computer started on fire! It must have had too much dust in there and just started sparking and smoking then turned off.  I was sitting right there and it was a little scary really.  So I lost my journal and everything on the computer.  Not that I write anything super fabulous, but I don’t want that to happen again so I will be putting my journal on this blog from now on. Don’t be expecting anything great or too frequent.  With all that is going to happen in the next year I don’t expect to have a lot of time to write.  But I hope to capture some of my feelings.  I will write at least monthly for the Hughes Newsletter.  So those are written from that perspective, to the Hughes family.
Life is changing for us right now.  I have a lot of feelings of uncertainty about it, but I do know this that the Lord will guide us.  He always has.  The hard thing is waiting for his way to work out and accepting that what he has in store for us isn’t always what I want. In fact it very rarely is what I had in mind.  Life has stretched me a lot more than is comfortable.  I hope that this next year my heart and mind change to be something greater than they are now.  As I think about what I want to have as New Years Resolutions I really don’t come up with much.  I feel like last years went well.  I didn’t accomplish them all, but that is because circumstance changed and they evolved to something different.  That is the only thing with New Year Resolutions that I don’t like.  I didn’t expect to get pregnant or my source of running to break so I stopped running and didn’t achieve that goal.  BUT I did continue to exercise and focus on my health, so I don’t consider that a failure.  This year I would like to:
1-      Become more meek.  Meaning don’t yell as much, be more loving and kind.  This is a challenge for me when I am expecting because I am such a bear I think. But I really want to be better this year at using a kind tone with the kids and not getting irritated with others so easily.
2-      I would like to complete highlighting my new scriptures.  Along with this organize the scriptures that mean the most to me so that I can access them more easily.  I would like to find a system that I can turn to popular scripture stories and read them to the boys.
3-      Eat healthy.
4-      I always do one as a family and I want to focus on service more.
That is really I got so far and I think that those are good maybe.

No comments: