nt and she is in the 80-90th percentile for everything.
The doctor noticed that she had a slight labial adhesion. Let me just go into this now. It was very slight and he didn't seem too concerned since it wasn't closed enough to cause infections. So we just let it be. Well on July 14th I had this feeling I should check things out. I noticed that it was closed. She was still having some wet diapers so there was an opening somewhere but i couldn't see it. So I called the pediatrician and we took her down the next day to have it looked and and taken care of. Dr. Peterson was really surprised it was so closed and he tried applying a little pressure and it popped right open. Dr. Peterson said that it must have just sealed to open that easily. What a blessing and little Miss is back to normal.
I also noticed that her head was not turning to one side and that the back of her head was flatter on one side than the other. So I took her in to have that taken care of. Her neck muscle is so tight from how she was in the womb that it will take a few treatments to get it loose enough that she can move her head like normal. Yes, I guess the lack of fluid in the womb and the position she sat in (head down and turned side ways, ouch!) contributed to this tight muscle.
Kind of a negative start, but Kayla, is doing great. She is much happier now that she can move her head more normally. She HATED her two month shots. I think that it is so sad. She didn't get a fever so that is good. She also recovered within a few days so future shots are still going to happen even if mommy takes it rather hard when she cries so much.
Kayla is not a good sleeper. She has a hard time sleeping at night. Not really sure what is up. She takes three distinct naps in the day and eats every 3-5 hours. At night it seems she does really well some nights and other she is up every hour.
Daddy was lucky enough to get some really good belly laughs out of her on moving day. Which we have both agreed was a tender mercy. On a regular basis a few giggles is all we get at a time.
Kayla first this month included: the Zoo, fireworks (she did great), and swimming.
Kayla likes to be held. She requires a lot of attention when she is awake. But I wouldn't trade our little princess for anything. So if you visit and our house is a mess, just know that it's all okay and that this little spirit I was blessed to be given is taken care of, NIGHT and day.
No comments:
Post a Comment