Jaron has turned into his father. Meaning he is a super Utah University fan. The boys each get to do a special outing with Dad once a school year. Jaron wanted to go to a Utah football game again this year. Don thought that the game on the 11th would be a good one and told Jaron he would take him. Then he started looking into tickets. The tickets were more than we wanted to spend. This created a huge problem. The day before the game Jaron sat to breakfast and said,"I can't wait until tomorrow! I am soo excited to go to the game." I felt it was best to break the bad news to him so I said, "Jaron, I have bad news. Try and not get upset, but the tickets are too much and Dad won't be able to take you. He is still looking, but it isn't looking good. I am so sorry son." The look on his face broke my heart. I hate the moments when I have to tell our kids something they don't want to hear. He tried to be brave but then ended up having to cover his face so he could cry. Oh man, it was bad. He kept trying to think of solutions, "How about we buy one ticket and I sit on Dad's lap." Jaron continued to ask every time he saw me or Don if we had found any tickets yet. He tried to explain to Don how you can go online and find tickets. I told Jaron he could go to another game and that we would work something out another time. His reply, "But it won't be Utah State playing them and I really wanted to see Utah State play football, I haven't ever seem them play before."
This story does have a happy ending. Someone Don works with had an extra ticket and Aunt Lisa was nice enough to give up her seat this game so the boys could go. But I write this down because as a mother it was just one of those moments that I didn't want to forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment