Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Not all Rainbows and Sunshine

Sometimes mothering isn't all rainbows and sunshine.  Recently while at a stake Relief Society meeting they mentioned that. That life sometimes has challenges and we should record those too. Maybe someday your posterity will have the same challenge and be able to draw on your experience for strength.
I knew that the trial of my children making wrong choices would come. I knew I would have heartaches as a mother. But what I didn't expect was for it to start so early in their lives. I didn't consider that it might happen with little things first. I always thought the heartbreak would be them doing something drastic. But I feel heartbreak even when they do small things that aren't right.
It has been a really rough year for Bryson at school. Bryson is a silly kid. It can be difficult to manage him and his attitude at times. When he feels like he is being treated unfairly or is forced to do something he acts out. He needs to learn respect for his superiors I realize and we are working on that. But his problems  aren't just with being rude to his teacher. The greatest heartbreak has been the friends he has made. They are teaching him things. Very bad thing. Things I don't even want to write down. His curious mind just eats it up. It's so upsetting. There have been e-mails, phone calls, and meetings to try to fix the problem. But bottom line the only real change can come from Bryson. He is doing better but still struggling to cut ties with those bad influences. 
What do I do? Love him. Love him unconditional through his wrong choices. I can't force him to do something, even if I want to. I teach him in moments he is looking for an answer. I am there when he needs to cry about it. Hopefully he will come out on top of this hard year. But even if he doesn't. I still love him. 

No comments: