Saturday, September 10, 2016

Don is 33

This year Don was insistent that we not celebrate his birthday.  But I did make him a cake and we got pizza while watching the Utah vs BYU game.  So that was at least something.
I am so thankful Don was born.  He has taught me a lot through the years we have been together.  Don is such a wonderful father to his boys and a loving husband. I really think he was a stink about letting us celebrate his birthday because he feels like he isn't doing a great job a lot of the time.  We all have faults, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't celebrate the good.  This man right here gives so much of himself to support us.  He takes his role of provider and protector very seriously.  I think back to when we first started out marriage and he has accomplished so much. He now leads the family in prayer, scripture study, and FHE.  He does everything that he can to be to events that are meaningful to his children.  He changed his major so he could have a job that would allow him to have more time at home.  He then went in to management for the same reason.  People he loves me enough that this football season, the TV has been off a lot of the time on Sunday, I mean that is love right there.  Giving up something he enjoys for something greater. He also helps me so much around the house.  He takes care of me so perfectly by letting me nap when I need it, even if he needs it more. But above all that I am most grateful that he is such an amazing friend.  He lets me talk whenever I need and is such a great support in whatever I am trying to do.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DON, I love you.




No comments: