The 4th of July brought a change. No get together at Melody's. We had Stacey and her family over to spend the evening. The Dickinson's did fireworks in the cul-de-sac. He didn't safely plant on of the arials and that end up poping a little but under my skirt and buring my leg a little. It als sparked and popped in the back of our friends car where Kayla was sitting. She was luckily sitting with a wonderful girl that protected her from the sparks. So all ended well, but I don't think we will be that close to the fireworks any time in the future.
In September the 15 year old neighbor boy committed suicide at the elementary school playground. This really shook our world. Don being bishop, me having depression of my own, and our children that knew him. The family had no idea he was struggling with these thoughts and it really was hard for the ward family. We had conselors come from LDS Family Services to talk with the youth and the adults seperatly. For me personally this really caused my depression to spiral out of control. I tired to get a handle on it but my winter was rather a mental battle.
Aunt Pasty and Grandma Barlow passed away this year. They both were such wonderful women and I will miss them, but know that they are not to far if I need them.
The holidays were wonderful as usual. We spend Thanksgiving in Granstville with just a few of the Hughes clan. Christmas was also quiet. We had a Hughes party as usual. Gram never fails to deliver a great time. We went to the Zoolights this year for our activity and it was REALLY cold. The kids didn't gather their warm clothes as I asked because they didn't think they would need them, so they froze. Patten and Kayla ended up crying in the car about the whole ordeal as we were leaving. I ended up being really overwhelmed with their needs but looking back that was such a small moment in an otherwise wonderful evening. Great memories all around.
No comments:
Post a Comment