This past year of experiencing a pandemic has brought some thoughts to mind. As the world goes back to normal with the vaccine having been administered to those that want it, I have been reflecting on lessons learned.
When the pandemic really started for our family with the kids having to stay home from school I remember being filled with feelings of uncertainty. Is this this really happening? Is the virus as deadly as they say? We as a public didn’t fully understand how it was transmitted. Everything outside our how became suspicious. Did that person have the virus? If I touch that will we all get sick? Still, we don’t really know or understand fully what the virus can do or what it’s long-lasting effects might be. Even with all these questions and unknowns I have found myself having my heart grow in faith. Faith that everything will work out. Faith that my Father in Heaven is watching over us. Faith in His will, not mine. My testimony of a living prophet has been strengthened. The programs that were put in place prior to the pandemic were the Lords was of preparing his people for what was to come. Come Follow Me has so greatly blessed our family and given us the tools to keep our home the sanctuary it now needs. The prophet pleaded with us before we even knew of COVID-19 to develop our relationship with the Holy Ghost. That relationship and knowing when he is speaking to us is the only way we can survive in this world spiritually. The prophet has spoken words of peace and directed us through this pandemic.
I have learned some lessons I don’t want to forget. Not being able to be with family because of possible transmission of the virus has really helped me know that family is ordained of God. They are so important. I am on this earth the help them come back to the Father. I need to be more involved in their life. My goals of pursuing education was what I needed then, but Don has worked so hard to provide a life that I can stay home and raise our children. I have learned to find joy in that role. Family is the next thing on my priority list after God. We have been given the gift of time, what we do with that time is our gift to God. I have learned to value the many freedoms I took for granite in the past. I now appreciate the many things we have in this land of America.
This year has been a roller coaster ride. I haven’t always delt with it well and that brings me sadness. But we are so much stronger than we know. We find out how strong we are when we have to be strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment