Thursday, January 22, 2009

Museum of Natural History


So Jaron really loves the movie "Night at the Museum." He only gets to watch one movie a day, if that, and since "Night at the Museum" is a mom and dad movie (not animated) he thinks it doesn't count. He tried several times to get it past me, good thing I am smarter than my 2 year old; at least in this area I am.
I thought it would be fun to visit our own "museum." He was a little apprehensive at first with the dinosaurs because I think he thought the would come to life, even though we explained the movie was pretend. After a little bit he relaxed and enjoyed it. Things that leave an impression on him he talks about for weeks to come. We just heard the story again yesterday and we went on Feb. 5th so I think he liked it.
Bryson is testing his boundaries right now so . . . that was fun. But he liked digging.
This was my first trip to the museum too. Don was there to help and was very supportive of staying in the mineral room for a long time. I was just in heaven being a geology lover. Some of the minerals I hadn't even seen before so that was awesome. They had things from all over the world, soo cool, but then again not many people think it is.

1 comment:

Trina said...

That's crazy Jaron has so much comprehension. Jasmine hasn't seen Night at the Museum, but I don't think she would've put two and two together and think the dinosaurs at the museum would come to life, maybe I'm wrong. Looks like they boys had a lot of fun, it makes me want to go again it's been awhile. I always tend to forget on the free Monday.