Don's youngest sister was baptized last Saturday evening. I was asked to give the talk on baptism. So those of you who know me, know that I have always struggled with public speaking. I can prepare and prepare, but it never seems to come out right. I think I did okay, but I really had a lot of fun studying about baptism that week. I was great to remember what I promised and what that really means. As you get older those things that seem so simple take on new meaning as your testimony grows. They are still simple, but they become more internalized and more real. It is so wonderful!
That morning I went to the temple to do initiatories and it was also wonderful to be reminded of the blessings that I have there. It was also new for me to think of baptism and the initiatory together and how they build on one another. I am so grateful for the blessings I receive through keeping the covenants I have made. Last Saturday I had it re-affirmed to me of the power, protection, and guidence that I recieve from them. It makes me more deticated to doing those things that I know I should.
No comments:
Post a Comment