At first we couldn't figure out where he was hurt. I thought it was his leg since he wouldn't stand or walk. He was just laying around, very unlike him for the morning. He even fell asleep for a little bit. Whenever he falls I ask him if he is okay. He has always replied, "Fine,"which is the cutest thing ever. But Sunday he answered the question with "Un-uh." So to me this meant something was really wrong.
As I was getting him ready to go to Mason's blessing I tried to take off his shirt and he flipped out! Then I noticed the swelling on his right arm. So we went to the ER at Primary Children's.
After the x-rays and doctor review it turns out he broke his arm just above the elbow and possibly just below. When the doctors first came in it sounded a lot worse than it was. But the ortho specialist brought better news. So we were lucky really; no displacement to upset the nerves, no surgery needed. Just a cast for 3-4 weeks that will be put on this Wednesday. We are sure glad it turned out to be not too serious.
Bryson has been really brave through the whole thing not complaining about it since it has been set. He is adjusting well to only being able to use one arm. Drinking from a cup was funny the first time, since using both hands he cant get the cup to his mouth, but he has figured it out.
2 comments:
Poor little guy. It's heartbreaking when they get hurt.
Oh how sad. He does look super cute in that picture though. I cant believe he handled it so well, and I am glad it wasnt too serious. I hope he gets better soon.
Post a Comment