Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Love to See the Temple






On the 29th we all drove in to Dallas to go to the temple. Kathleen and Eric, who are awesome people, watched the boys while Don and I went. It was really nice to be able to go and it was fun to go to such a small temple. It is not a live session which Don and I haven't been to for years, so that was fun too.

We then went and spent the afternoon with Kathleen, Eric, and Avree.

We then took the boys back to the temple on our way out of town. Jaron's response was priceless and I am very sad to say I didn't get it on camera. Right when he got out of the car I told him this was our new temple. He looked up and got so excited, "That is amazing!" and did the best he could to whistle. He kept on talking about it wide eyed and with the most excited voice.
Bryson loved the water and flowers! He also loves to sing the "I love to See the Temple" song.

Our family is so blessed to be sealed and it is nice to be able to let the world go and remember the true reason we are here.

3 comments:

Marmee said...

Showing the boys how important it is to be found in "Holy Places" will make all the difference in their lives. They will never remember that they ate a lot of mac and cheese to stretch the budget, but rather, what it felt like to be loved by parents that loved the Lord and sought His counsel.
Hey, what about some pictures of you and Don? Seeing the boys occasionally makes it feel like they're not quite so far away - I'm sure it would help with you too.
XOXO

Marmee said...

PS How do you always seem to find the music that speaks from you heart and makes me cry? Missing you too!

Emi Wi said...

Pam, it's great to see that you all are doing well. Change is always harder when you have other things to going on, and being pregnant is definitely one of the "big" other things. Good luck with this new baby, I know you will do great. I always admired what a great mom you are.