Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mothers Who Know

Since I have been helping with this Joy School for Jaron I started thinking, "I spend so much time making sure he knows his letters, numbers, and other themed things to help him do well on a secular level. But am I putting that much time and effort into his spiritual growth?" We try really hard to do scripture study, prayer, and family home evening and I would say we are successful for the most part. But I spend hours thinking of fun activities for the letter M and sense of smell; shouldn't I spend that same amount of time, if not more, thinking of fun ways to teach his the story of Nephi or how to feel the spirit? Just food for thought and something I feel prompted to work on.
Here is the talk that really got me thinking.
Mothers Who Know
~Julie B. Beck

2 comments:

Marmee said...

You are such a wise women, and an inspiration to those lucky enough to be influenced by you. Thank you - for choosing the better part.
Hugs

Tiffany said...

I contantly think of this talk. It has been an inspiration to me. At the time she gave it, it was highly contraversial in the ward/stake I lived in. It made me sad that some women took it the wrong way.