Sunday, July 10, 2011

Landon Wenzel Hughes

Our little man finally joined the family on July 6th at 4:04am. He was 7lb. 13oz. and 21" long. Over the few weeks before his arrival things were progressing well and Dr. Spencer said he would come any time. Just a run down for my records; at 32 weeks - 1+ and 40% effaced, 37 weeks - 2/3 and 50%, 38 weeks - 3+ and 75% effaced, 39 - 4/5 and ??. 37-39 weeks he was at a +3 station.
On the 5th I visited Dr. Spencer and got the update of where I was. I had a few contractions but nothing too exciting, they even stopped. At 11pm they started up again and this time didn't stop. At 1:45am I woke Don so we could go to the hospital. Being so far along already I just didn't want to chance it. Even though I was not in any really pain, a little discomfort. At 2am we checked in and I was a 6 and 80%. But when things started to change things happened fast. The doctor broke my water at a 7 and 21 minuets and 2 pushes later he arrived. I did it naturally, 21 minutes of true pain isn't all that bad.

Landon is a great eater! He latched right away and is still doing well. He has awake times at around 4pm and 2am for a few hours. He does not like to be all swaddled up most of the time and sleeps all stretched out with his hands by his face.


I look super tired this time sorry everyone. I just have really not been getting a lot of sleep.


Jaron LOVES Landon. He is always "petting him." Which means he likes to touch his head and face and talk to him. Bryson also is very excited about brothers arrival. He asks about him a lot and likes to give him hugs and kisses.
Eldon took a day to warm up to him, but is now very happy with new brother being around. Every time he hears him cry he says "baby" and goes off looking for him.

1 comment:

Trina said...

Congratulations! That sounds like the perfect birth story, at least the actual delivery part :) maybe not the pre-term labor, glad things turned out well! You do sound like super mom, 4 kids is no small undertaking and they all seem to be learning so much. Looks like Texas is treating you well it was fun to get updated on your happenings. Make sure to rest and recover :)