Thursday, May 17, 2012
Florida Fun
We had such a great time in Florida with Don's sister, Katie's, family. I have very fond memories of going to the beach when I was little. I wanted my boys to have the same opportunity to make memories. So when Don has a few extra days off we decided to go visit Katie and her family. We visited the beach twice while there. The first day just looking for shells and shark teeth. No luck on the teeth but I have never seen so many shells at a beach. The second visit we went for over 4 hours. The boys flew kits, dug holes, played in the water. Everything that a beach day should include.
Eldon didn't like the waves much. I think the unexpected nature of them coming in and out was a little much. He stayed away from the water most of the day. Bryson was the other extreme. I had to remind him a few times of the rules as to how far he could go without an adult. Jaron loved the water and was our collector. Picking up a lot of shells while we were there. Don took any kid that wanted out into the deep, he was tired by the end of the day. I just enjoyed. I love my kids so much and was so happy they could have such a wonderful time.
Besides the beach it was good to be among family. Katie and Justin were very good hosts. The cousins played well together and I think got to know each other a little better. I was nice to take a few days off and just relax together as a family. I loved all the talks, playing games, and time we spend together. We hope to visit again.
It has been a rough week getting back into the swing of things. When Don and I are together for long periods of time I have a major withdrawal when he goes back to work. But we will manage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment