Monday, July 16, 2012

Lake Hawkins Camping Trip

 Landon figured out how to drink from a water bottle.  He would stop the water with his tongue and let it flow into his mouth only when he wanted more. Such a smart boy.



 The dutch oven dinner I made turned out great.  Don made sure it cooked and I made sure it tasted good.  We make a good team I think.
Lake Hawkins has a nice little area that is reserved just for swimming.  It has a nice sandy beach to play on.  We were swimming at 9am-ish.  Which brings me to the fact that it was REALLY warm.  Camping towards the end of June is too hot.  We didn't have a fan or anything so we were warm all night.  The boys got to sleep with their shirts off, which they thought was awesome.  I finally feel asleep around 11pm, but woke up shortly afterwards hyperventilating because it was humid and hot.  My asthma played a part here I think, although I don't have many problems with it unless my lungs are under a lot of stress, like during labor, OR it appears extremely hot and humid situations.
 The boys were complaining a little about the heat too.  Regardless of the heat we had fun together just chilling.  The boys played Frisbee and we all played UNO.  The swimming was lots of fun too to cool us off a little.

1 comment:

Cathy Gray said...

Wow, crazy that it's too hot to camp in June. Looks like you made the best of it and had a terrific time!