Wednesday, February 5, 2014

January 2014



This month was the start of Jr. Jazz for Jaron.  He loves sports and loves learning the skills to play them.  He takes it very seriously and goes outside to practice his shot sometimes. 
We had SEP’s with the boys’ teachers and they are both doing really great.  Bryson is very creative and artistic, while Jaron is more into the social studies and math.  But they both are where they should be for all subjects.  I didn’t feel that they were doing enough writing.  Bryson is just starting to write sentences in class.  So we have started journal prompts at home.  Bryson really likes it and is quickly progressing in his writing skills.
I started doing “school” three days a week with all the kids that are here in the morning.  If I have a set aside time for learning then I am more likely to do it.  So we have snack at 10 then do learning.  This is mainly for Eldon and he is doing well.
The highlight of Bryson’s month was being the Ute’s honorary ball boy.  What an opportunity that was for him . . . and Don.  We went to Training Table before the game because Aunt Cathy always did that with Don.  The boys really loved it.  Bryson was so nervous to go down on the floor but he warmed up to the idea after a while and did a great job.  I would also like to report at the game Jaron met Swoop and is now saying he is a Ute fan not a BYU fan. 
A few months back when my brother Scott was here the boys asked him to take them ice fishing.  Scott said that he would when the weather was right.  We finally were able to find a day that Uncle Scott could take them ice fishing. Don had to work so the boys and I went fishing. Jaron was the first catch of the day.  After about an hour the kids lost interest in the fishing.  Eldon would come back after his breaks to help us watch the poles.  We would have lost a pole if Eldon hadn’t told us we had a bite. The boys loved playing on the ice and climbing the mountain just off shore.  They also enjoyed watching the fish “dance” on the ice. We got a lot of laughs from the dancing fish. None of the boys would ever touch the fish..  Scott cut up the fish and gave them to us, but I had my fist experience cutting the bones from the fish and skinning them, with no one here to help.  I finally called Tyson to come up and show me how to do it.  I think next time I will be better at it.
We also had fun being a part of Carlie getting her call and going to the Zoo one last time before passes expire.
The 27th Eldon had an appointment with the urologist.  Eldon’s opening of his pee-pee is a little small and needed to be cut open a little. With Jaron we had to go to the hospital and put him to sleep to do the procedure.  But the physician’s assistant said that it was a simple procedure and they do it in office.  1 in 10 patients feel the procedure after numbing.  Eldon happened to be one of these.  It was so sad and I wasn’t really informed that he would be in that much pain before they started. They told me when they cut him and he screamed that the numbing stuff doesn’t always work.  Awesome!  So we have a very brave little boy in our house and caring for it is not lots of fun for Eldon either.
We are doing the repairs on the home this month and are still waiting to hear that they are completed. We have had some interested buyers but no contracts.
Don learned that it takes about 6 interviews before you get hired so we have started applying for jobs.  We will let you know if he gets an interview to any of them.
Baby girl is still growing strong.  I am tired but no other complaints.  My body is strong but I think this mornings run will be my last.  The weight of baby is getting to be too much on my ligaments.

No comments: