Thursday, June 5, 2014

April 2014



This month has been . . . emotional, rewarding, and trying.  We had a contract on the home, but Tyler got 8” of rain within an hour and the master bedroom had a little water come in.  The contract was terminated the next day.  That was a tough one to swallow.  With the home not selling we really aren’t sure what is next for our family.  We will just stay at my parent’s house until something happens with the Texas home.  Don and I considered me trying to find work so we could afford rent and a mortgage, but that is just not going to happen right now.
Don did get an interview for the Tyler job.  He got strep throat on the way to the interview.  It was also his first interview and he ended up not getting the job.  No one got the job in fact.  It reopened this last week and he reapplied for the job.  We will see what happens with that.
Eldon hit his front tooth for the third time and it came out this time.  So we will have a toothless kid for a few years. He was not upset about the event at all and was excited to get to use the tooth fairy pillow.
Bryson also had his first two teeth extracted.  Permanent teeth came in behind his baby teeth.  So he had to get the baby teeth pulled out.  He did really well.  He only fussed a little when they gave him the numbing shot.
During spring break it was nice to have the kids home and I was able to get a few things done in the yard before Kayla came.  Not that you can tell now.  The yard takes so much work.  Don has done a lot of weeding, fertilizing, and trimming too this month. The yard still needs lots of work.  We are just waiting for my body to recover or a Saturday that Don has off and it isn’t raining to be able to get back to work before my parents get home. 
The best news of the month is that Kayla Kristine Hughes arrived safe and sound.  I posted the birth story on our blog (http://hughes-yets.blogspot.com).  The boys all love her, yes even Landon.  Almost two weeks since she joined the family and everyone still wants her to stay around.  I take that as a good sign. 
I am not recovering as quickly as usual but I guess I am getting older.  Don has been wonderful.  Doing laundry, dishes, cleaning house, and getting boys to where they need to be.  I sure was spoiled for those 8 days he was home.  We really have had an outpouring of love from friends and family and all are truly grateful for the help we have received.
Easter was low key and fun.  I am really glad Stacie did a party since I wasn’t up for doing one this year. Thanks again Stacie!

Love,
Pam, Kayla and the Boys

No comments: