Thursday, November 6, 2014

October 2014

Bryson's birthday was on the 2nd.  Birthdays really are so much fun.  I think everyone in the family loves them. 
Eldon broke his arm on the third.  I wrote separately about that.  He was awesome though.  I am sure glad he is okay.  I hate to label children, but it appears that he is more accident prone than the rest.  This is his second broken arm and he has knocked out his tooth too.
We also had a stomach bug in our house for the first few weeks of October.  That then lead into colds.  The boys of the house got the bug for just a few days. This cold though seems to be lingering with everyone and is leaving us extremely tired. I just have a weak immune system and so things that others get for a few days I get for weeks.  So October I have not been well.  In fact I have not been feeling well for a long while.  Things are getting progressively worse.  I am seeing doctors to try and get things figured out. But just as in childhood they seem to be unable to pin point what is going on.  Maybe this time we will get things figured out. 
I am working really hard with Jaron on scouting these days and that has been fun to spend time with him working on that.
Bryson and Jaron are still doing well with piano although I have not been able to work with them as much on that as I would like to.
Eldon and Landon will be starting a co-op preschool in January and for now we are just doing fun play groups.  Eldon's writing took a slam with his writing arm being broken, but we are starting to get back into the swing of things there.
I really can't believe that Kayla is 6 months old. It's fun to be a part of her daily discoveries and new tricks; but since I really think she is our last it is kind of bitter sweet. 
Don continues to be the rock star of the family.  He goes to work super early and then comes home and helps me even if he is sick himself.  He is still going strong at work and we are patiently waiting for the chance to move up to management.
During all the sickness and day to day fun we had a great Halloween season.  We went to the Red Barn in Santaquin with my parents and brothers family.  That was so much fun. The boys really look forward to the monthly visits to grandma's house. 
Gram also did a Halloween party and the boys enjoyed picking out and carving pumpkins. 
We also enjoyed the ward Halloween party then Halloween at our home with family.
Fall is so beautiful! I love it. I am thankful every day that I get to stay home and be a part of the many adventures that go on here. 




1 comment:

Cathy Gray said...

Pam,
So sorry to hear you are not feeling well, you sure do a good job of hiding it. Thanks so much for the updates, I really enjoy them. You are a terrific Mom!
Love,
C