Thursday, April 30, 2015

April 2015

Besides Kayla's birthday April was filled with house hunting.  I am not a shopper.  I really just don't like it. It's not fun for me.  I am a money saver not a spender.  BUT I like to shop around and not miss any great deals.  Don is a shopper, but he is a bargain shopper too.  However, in this housing market, there aren't really any "good deals" right now.  We have been looking since he got his promotion and this month we were ready to buy.  Bountiful posed a real problem for us; older homes have short ceilings in the basement.  This just isn't going to work for us.  Other homes in the Bountiful/Centerville area that were in our price range were just a lot of work to fix up.  We just weren't up for that.  There would have been a lot of compromises.  So we started branching out our search.  30 min or under in drive time was the goal.  That ruled out anything south of the point of the mountain or too far from the freeway.  I was slightly sad by this, I would have loved to return to Utah county where I grew up. This lead us to Kaysville/Layton/Syracuse area.  We found some really great homes and put in two offers in fact, but neither home worked out.  In retrospect, I know they weren't our home.  There would have been some things that I wanted they didn't have. But some of their good points were just too much to pass up.  Logically we kept looking, but my heart told me we had already found our home, the first home we looked at in fact.  It was a very well maintained home, in a good neighborhood, and the home was very practical.  Lots of good things. But who buys the first home they walk through?  We did!  It has everything we need in a home and we love it more and more every time we look at it.  Besides that, Don and I both know it is the place we should be.  I really believe in writing down promptings from the spirit.  That way when tough times come you have your own words to remind you of what you knew once.  So I wanted to write down that as we drove around looking at homes, before we even went in, there was something inside that would say, this isn't it.  This home had the feeling of peace and assurance that this was the right place as we drove up.  I know that tough times will come and that not everything will be perfect, but this is right place for us.  I always find it fun to find out why we are lead certain places and only time will tell why.

So let the fun begin.  We are due to close the 21st, but are hoping for an early closing.  We will have someone paint some rooms for us then move in on the 25th.

No comments: