So I feel super bad that I didn't do anything grand or great. I made his a good dinner and tried to make a cake twice, but that ended up not working out either. I even still went to my institute class. But this is the very thing that makes me so thankful he is in my life. He honestly could care less if I don't do all the extra things. He doesn't expect me to bake a cake, or have a party. If I do things for him he appreciates them, but they are never expected. I expect enough out of myself I think and he realizes that more than me. We complement each other so well. I love the way he can make me laugh, no matter how mad I am. I love the way he tries so dang hard to please me! The greatest thing is he keeps trying even when I tell him he is a little short (not in height). He is slow at changing, but that only teaches me patience. He is so good with the boys and those few weeks that his knee was hurt I was really struggling since he couldn't play as much. We sure love you Don and wish you a late happy birthday!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Happy Birthday Don!
So I feel super bad that I didn't do anything grand or great. I made his a good dinner and tried to make a cake twice, but that ended up not working out either. I even still went to my institute class. But this is the very thing that makes me so thankful he is in my life. He honestly could care less if I don't do all the extra things. He doesn't expect me to bake a cake, or have a party. If I do things for him he appreciates them, but they are never expected. I expect enough out of myself I think and he realizes that more than me. We complement each other so well. I love the way he can make me laugh, no matter how mad I am. I love the way he tries so dang hard to please me! The greatest thing is he keeps trying even when I tell him he is a little short (not in height). He is slow at changing, but that only teaches me patience. He is so good with the boys and those few weeks that his knee was hurt I was really struggling since he couldn't play as much. We sure love you Don and wish you a late happy birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yea Happy Birthday Don. I haven't done much for Brian's birthdays since I've had kids either, for some reason it's just so much harder!
hey pam! how are you doing? your family is so cute! so I was just made enrichment night leader, do you have any super ideas for me?? Relief society retreat?? HELP!!
I know you have some great ideas!
There aren't a lot of things I've done right in the this life (my kids are best at pointing that out to me), but I have to say that one of things I got right was bringing that tall handsome incredible little boy into the world. How proud I am of the incredible daddy, sweet husband, and powerful force for good and right he has grown into. You guys make such a good team. Keep up the team work and shooting for the moon - you're going to make it! Love, Mom
Post a Comment