Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Finally a Rest

I think the week of fun took a toll on us all. Jaron has been napping, Mom is definitely a little tired, and Bryson has croup. Jaron hasn't ever had this so I really don't know when to take them in or not. After a long night and day Don said I needed to take him in. So I did and I guess I should have taken him in last night when he was struggeling to breath, duh! It is just that when I got him calmed down he started being able to breath a little better. But then he would get worked up and do it again. We did this all day. I took him in and the doctor gave me some tips on knowing what to look for, when to bring him in, and that sort of stuff. His croup is moderate to sever. They gave him some steroids and if he worsens we should take him to the ER. At least I know for next time right? The medicine is already helping. My guy is so tired he took a bath and as I was writing this post he fell asleep finally after a rough night and day.

4 comments:

Amy Simms said...

I hate the croup! It is so scary and hard to know when to take them in. Hope he is feeling better soon.

jennie said...

your boys are so cute! I hope they start feeling better!

The Sennett Family said...

Poor Bryson!! McKinley just got over that! Croup is so scary. I couldn't believe how fast the steroids worked!! I hope he gets feeling better real soon!

Tiffany said...

As soon as Kyler starts getting that barking seal like cough, we spend long minutes in the bathroom with a hot steamy shower running,several times a day, just so he can breath in the steam, and I've never had to take him to the Dr. I'm glad Bryson's feeling better.