FRIDAY: We went to the U.S. mint. It was really cool to learn about coins and they were making money for the first time in over two months that day. Lucky day for us, we were the first to see the new Lincoln pennies.
After that we went to red rock and hiked around. This was for me, miss geology. Man am I out of shape. It was really pretty and cool to catch up on something I love.
SATURDAY: We went to the 16th street shopping center and walked around. It was a really nice morning and a good little stroll.
We then went to the ESPN zone. I have to say it was awesome!! We ate lunch there in front of a huge TV with several other small TV's around it with different feeds. Then in our booth there was a TV we could select which feed we wanted to watch. The food was good and it was again a great time. We had free passes to play some of the arcade sports games, like the ones at the Skybox in SLC. It was really fun!!
This next stop was by far my favorite. We went to the chocolate festival. You pay to get in, but then just walk around and eat everyone's chocolate. It was so great! They even had another half that was a boutique. We bought some cute animal pillows for the boys and for us . . . caramel apples.
We decided to just stay in for the evening and watch movies.
SUNDAY: We headed home after a breakfast at Denny's.
Don't I have a great guy? He had researched things to do there and when we got on the plane Thursday he let me look through and choose, with the exception of the two sport things, those I was told were mandatory. I love the little get aways that we have together. It helps me remember just how much I love my man.
2 comments:
What a fun trip! It's sure is nice to get away from the regular routine! Glad you guys had so much fun! We need to get together soon!
Good for you guys, looks like you had fun!
Post a Comment