Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

t



Jaron hanging out after school with Landon.

Bryson playing outside on Jaron's first day of school.

I can't believe our little boy is already going to school. The first week was really rough for both him and me. On the first day of school I walked him to class. When we got to his classroom I told him to go on in. He looks at me with panic in his eyes and said "But mom I just want you to come with me." I told him I couldn't and opened his hand and gave him a kiss to keep with him all day. The wait to be picked up also upset him. He would get in crying and say, "Mom it just takes too long." He would say he just wanted to stay home with me all day. By day 5 of school Jaron was totally fine with going and waiting to be picked up, but I still am having a hard time letting him be gone for so long. It will just take time for me to adjust to him being away all day. I look forward to weekends when my little boy can stay home with me.

Bryson had a rough first week too. He didn't have his best friend around to play with all day. Jaron and Bryson really are so close and fight very little. After school it is like a party every day, they just play until dinner. It is hard to get them to do their chores.
The second week of school I started school with Bryson and that has been helping a lot with him being so lonely. We do things most days to keep busy.

Eldon is doing okay with the change. He does ask where Jaron is a lot, but is not upset that he is gone.

Nothing is constant as change, too bad I don't deal with it too great.

No comments: