Friday, September 7, 2012
8 Year Anniversary
This year was no different than any other. Don did all the right things. He bought me a necklace that is the infinity sign but also . . . and 8. We went to lunch and he bought me flowers. That evening we played games together and laughed together. It was a good day.
This year I did something kind of fun for me and I think Don enjoyed it too. When I left home for college I stopped writing my daily life happenings and journaled only spiritual insights and that sort of thing. So I didn't record meeting and marrying Don. So this year I wrote about what I remember from the time that I left home until now. It was a lot of work, but something that will be good to have in the future. Some of the days had a little gift. The first day is pictured above with the sentence, "In the first year of marriage my true love gave to me . . . " and then the gift represented something from that first year. So it was kind of like the days of Christmas starting 7 days before our anniversary. The first year was divinity as a gift. We have a picture of all of our children eating divinity the first time, that is why Landon is pictured.
So 8 years has come and gone. We have had our hard times but are really glad that we have each other. True love is great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment