We are going to leave behind some amazing people! There are so many people that have made living in Texas a good experience. The first week we moved here we were welcomed with open arms. This never stopped. Our ward family and people of Texas have been so kind and giving. Through them I have learned sooo many lessons. I don't think I can write them all but there are a few that I want to write down. I have learned from one friend the power of living obediently to ALL the the things that we are asked to do. My favorite thing she has said is, "The prophet didn't say do it if it is convenient, he said do it." The same wonderful woman has taught me about service, to always give 100%. She has taught me to work with others in callings. She has taught me to JOYFULLY live within my means. She has encouraged and cheered me on when I am down and when I need a helping hand, she has been there. She taught me to have faith and to act on it. She has taught me to have true charity in marriage and to choose to love my husband. She has taught me to be a good friend, to actively listen. She has taught me that your testimony of Jesus Christ WILL get you through hard times. East Texas ladies does this sound like you? There are so many that fit the description. There have been many that have taught me these things in different ways. The lessons are endless.
We leave behind some good weather. I know it is hot, I know it is humid. But I really do like it. I like the sunshine. I love the clouds, the storms, the tornadoes. I know that might sound odd, but that one night when all the tornadoes were touching down I stepped outside because it was silent and I wanted to see what was up. Above me was a circle in the clouds. If conditions would have been just slightly different I would have been in the eye. It was amazing! The sound of the rain on the roof and the lightning storms.
We leave behind a our first home filled with memories. The home that carries the memories of kids playing, babies crying, and laughter of loved ones. The home is filled with hard times that Don and I struggled through together. We learned to lean on each other and grow closer. We learned to lean on family when needed. We learned in this home to appreciate the small things. We learned to do the small things here and make them a part of us. I learned to get over (or at least face) my fear of spiders and that Heavenly Father does answers the prayer's of mothers who pray to have the courage to just squish them. We learned through our first home how to care for a lot of things around the house. One good ward member came to our rescue several time to help us solve the problems of our home and then taught us how to fix them.
But I need not mourn over what is left behind because I get to take with me all the lesson I have learned and Texas, the people of East Texas, will come with me where ever I go.
1 comment:
Glad you have had such good experiences in Texas, and so very happy that you are headed to Utah this week!!!
Post a Comment