Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Jaron is 8




Jaron turned 8 on February 23rd.  As I put in our family post this was hard one for me.  At this point he is accountable, all his mistakes are no longer on me and that really is a big step.  I hope I did good enough with the years I had to teach him.  I realize I will still be very influential but there is something about it being on his head that really gets to me. Sorry for the post coming so many days after his birthday, but it has been a rough few weeks at our house.

His birthday fell on a Sunday this year so the day before was the big celebration.  He chose to go see the Lego movie.  Max (my nephew) came with us so we had the 5 boys.  The movie was really cute and all seemed entertained by it.  Then we went to McDonald's for an early dinner.  They boys love playing there and had lots of fun.  The family fun days that they get to choose where to eat and an activity are something that they look forward to, along with designing their own cakes.   Jaron was really hands on with his cake this year and had a very specific idea in mind.  I love that I can do this for them and let them feel special.We ate his cake on his birthday while celebrating Olive and Jared's (Don's niece and brother) birthdays as well.

Jaron is 4’3.5” and weighs 50lb. about.  He is REALLY into sports.  He loves to watch all types and if he has to go to bed before a game is over he asks me to record it.  He likes to play them and as of right now wants to be a basketball player.  Sports is about 50% of what he talks to me about.  What he played at recess, what happened in a game . . . Besides sports he likes to play the Wii, Legos, and play outside.  He likes to sing and is really doing well at the piano.  His teacher is impressed with how fast he catches onto things.  In school he is good at math.  He is faster at solving the problems than I am. He has a quick mind and is very rule oriented (a little of both Dad and Mom). We sure love Jaron and I am so glad he came to our family.

No comments: