Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pregnancy #5 update

Well folks it has happened again.  My body is not liking this pregnancy any more than the last one.  A day shy of 32 weeks I had a really rough Sat.  The day we did all of Jaron's fun things proved to be too much for baby belly. I started the day really stressed out.  So much to do and not a lot of help.  I emotionally lost it.  Then in the rush of things I ate unhealthy and didn't drink enough, what did this all add up to? 10-50% (Richelle isn't sure how thick it was when this all started, so to say how much the cervix has thinned is hard, but it is thinned) effaced and dilated to over a two.  I didn't go to the hospital I just calmed it down at home.  I realized from last time if I can just destress and get my body to calm down the contractions would most likely stop.  My midwife had lots of suggestions.  She suggested I get Cramp Bark, to help my uterus relax quickly if it ever happened again.  She also said that stress, tight cloths, lack of vitamins and minerals, and hydration contribute to contractions.   So I drink my water, take extra minerals, wear loose clothes (which means I wear Don's a lot), and cut stress from my life as much as possible HAHA.  All those that truly know me, know I am one wound up woman.  I expect perfections from myself and so letting that go has been really hard. But unless I want a baby early I need to.  I have had two days since the 22nd I had to use the cramp bark.  One was the day of Jaron's baptism and the other was a day I tried to take a walk while pushing Landon.  Physical exertion seems to really aggravate my uterus.  So today the midwife did say maybe it is time for full on bed-rest with all the trouble I have had keeping contractions and cervical change away. But she also thinks that bed-rest often brings on more stress, to which I agree.  So . . . I don't have to lay down all day.  I just can't do a whole lot was the end verdict.  I am still planning a home birth, but am fully aware that might not work out, especially if she comes early. So COME ONE APRIL! That is my goal, to make it to April.  Richelle (my midwife), who is also a member of the Church of Jesus Christ believes very much that she, I, and Don will know what is best and be able to do what is best for the baby.  I really trust her and know that I am getting the best care possible.  With all the scary facts that suggest early birth I really think it will all be just fine, just like last time.

Aside from this fun stuff, my heartburn is horrible.  It is waking me up at night, I throw-up a lot, and I am almost certain that my headaches stem from this. That sphincter at the top of my stomach not working correctly and a stomach that is pushed up so high, I don't expect anything different. 

I have also been experiencing shortness of breath when I sit, and sometimes lay a certain way.  Richelle thinks it might be because a blood vessel running along my side is pinched.  She suggested I go see a specialist to have it adjusted. So we will see if I do that or not.

In short sitting, standing, and laying down all have their problems.  33 weeks I finally said I am uncomfortable, but am so grateful baby girl is still growing strong inside.

1 comment:

Trina said...

oh wow, do take it easy. I hope everything goes smoothly and that your doing well! Wish I was closer to help :(