Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pregnancy Update

I made it to 37 weeks.  My due date is kind of relative, if you you would like me to explain this to you just let me know, but I am due the 19th according to the midwife and 21st according to regular calculators.  So this is why I have said the 20th is the official due date.  But due dates are so silly anyway since they often are +/- 14 days anyway. I am so happy that she is now considered "early term" you are "full term" at 39 weeks now and "preterm" before 37.  All very technical I know but in short she would most likely be perfect outside the womb at this point.
My midwife and her two assistants (one is a midwife, one is a in school right now to be one) came on Friday to do a home visit.  We set up the plan and made sure we are all on the same page for the delivery.  It was really nice and I feel completely ready for her to come now.  My baby belly had good growth in two weeks.  She does not check cervical progression, unless I ask her to.  There is just really no reason since it means very little as to when you will actually go into labor.  For this and a few other reasons we won't be checking that area until labor has begun. However, I feel very in-tune with my body and what it is doing and I know things are slowing changing to ready for delivery.  I also have had an increase in the Brexton Hicks, but nothing steady or impressive.
Myself and Kayla are looking great, now the waiting game begins.

1 comment:

Cathy Gray said...

Can't wait to hear she has arrived!