There are things in life that you just aren't ready for. Kayla turning one just happens to be one of those moments. This past year has been full of struggles for me as a mother. I just don't have enough to give 100% to all five of my little ones. With that in mind I think five is enough for me and I feel that she very well might be the last spirit that Don and I give a body. All those little milestones that happen have been very hard for me. I love seeing them! I love kids! And Kayla might be my last.
Every time Don walks in Kayla melts my heart by saying, "Hi Dad." Accompanied with a cute little wave. Although she says "Dad" the most now, "Mom" was her first word. She also says "Is it" and "Oh".
Kayla loves music and likes to act like she is leading and yell along.
Kayla loves books and she even likes to color now too.
Kayla took her first few steps on April 8th, but has not taken too many more. She still prefers to crawl.
She is my baldest baby, but is growing a little hair on that head now. The top of her head is growing more slowly than the sides and back of her head.
She has the cutest grin, with 6 teeth.
Kayla has total disregard for the word "no." She knows what I am saying but she doesn't listen and often looks at me and smiles as she does things she knows she shouldn't.
We have to put the dog food and water up because she just crawls over and gets it if we don't. She thinks it is a good idea to dump the dog water on herself, until it happens then she cries because she is all wet.
She is weaning herself. Never had a baby that did that. She really is done and prefers a sippy cup most of the day.
Kayla loves food, but it must have flavor; no plain bread, or boring stuff. She eats a lot of peas and bananas, but that is because they are on hand.
Kayla likes to cuddle. She loves to just come and lay her head on you and say, "Awe". We just love this about her.
She is discovering things and into everything. When she finds something she likes she will hold it up for you to see and and, "Ohhhh."
She is just too precious for words. She doesn't have her well child until May 4. So stats and pictures to come later.
1 comment:
Love that cute girl and her awesome Mommy too!
Post a Comment