Saturday, August 23, 2008

Jaron's 2 1/2

Our little boy is 2 1/2 today. So I thought I would write about him today. He is always making me laugh even if it shouldn't be funny. Like when I tell him I don't want to play baseball with him and he asks me in a stern voice, "Do you need a spankin'?" or when he turns the chair in the kitchen to the microwave, puts his cat on the chair and tells me I need to set the timer because, "His cat is in timeout." He is watching, watching very closely, and learning, so watch out world.

This first video is of him being Mom/Dad. I guess we are a little too firm when we put him to bed sometimes?


He is learning the good stuff too though. He loves to go to nursery. Not so much sacrament yet, but that is even getting better. So most days of the week he gets ready to go to church himself and sometimes even leaves the house in his attempt. I recorded our conversation one evening.



He loves to sing. When asked his favorite song he says "I Am a Child of God and He has Sent Me Here." That is what the song is called. He also likes to sing ABC's and Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. I could continue on with what he likes to sing, but that could take a while.



As you can tell by the above performance he has a lot of energy and has a hard time holding still! His new thing is the Move it, Move it song from the end of Madagascar. He often changes the words to things such as "I like to eat it, eat it," or something of the sort.



He is really smart, I bet every mother thinks her child is but in any case. He knows his letters (struggles with a few lower case ones), shapes (we are working on the not so common ones such as rhombus . . .) , numbers (working on counting to twenty), colors (his favorite is pink) and is currently working on spelling his name. Here is that work in progress.



So that is what he is up to these days. We sure love him!

3 comments:

Megan said...

He can shoot that ball into the hoop pretty good!

Jenny said...

He is so darn cute! I loved watching all those videos, thanks for sharing!

Aimee said...

Those are great videos! Laughing when things shouldn't be funny is something I deal with all the time. My kids crack me up constantly (and not always when it is appropriate). I am so thankful for the humor kids bring to our lives!