Thursday, February 9, 2012

Landon 6 & 7 months


6 months


7months

Landon has been doing a lot of fun new things. When we first introduced him to solids, he wouldn't have anything to do with it. He game me this face of discust, would shutter as he tried to swallow and then gag and usually spit it up. It was very thin and it was also a small amount, but it was as if he was chocking when we tried to feed him. Since then he has taken to eating and yells at me if I am not fast enough in shoveling the food in.

Now I ask you is this the face or what? He really hated solids at first.

At Christmas Aunt Stacie taught him to roll over and has been doing it since. He has recently stopped rolling from his stomach to back. Not sure why he wont roll.
Still no teeth, though I think we are getting close.
I put a picture of his sleeping position. You have to do it just right. Smurf behind him, giraffe in arms, and covered with a blanket tucked around him. If you don't he doesn't fall asleep as fast.


During the past few months he has discovered his tongue. He just had it out like that is how he was suppose to hold it. He has stopped doing it as much now and taken more to yelling as loud as he can or grunting. People think he is trying to poop; not the case it is just his favorite noise.


Landon has had a really rough winter. He got some really bad wheezing and has been on breathing treatments twice so far. The doctor thinks he has something wrong with his bronchial tubes since it keeps coming back. He has had and ear infection twice. Not sure if the first was really gone or not. The second one was in both ears and had some really bad drainage. Hoping his hearing is still okay after that one. I am sad to report the weezing is back for the third time. After the second case the pediatrician just ordered us our own nebulizer so we can give him treatments as needed. Looks like it is time to break it out again.

He is a really happy boy, but doesn't like it when no one is paying attention to him. If he knows I am in the room I have to be talking to him or holding him. But he is so dang cute it is hard to not talk to him or hold him anyway. When I need to get things done I just put him where he can't see me and he is just fine to play.
ALL his brothers love him and love to help out with him. The like to hold him, play with him, and get me the things I need to take care of him. It is nice to have so many little helpers in the house.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

He is so cute! Sorry he has been sick. With all the wheezing has he been checked for asthma? That was the biggest symptom I had as a child when they diagnosed me after tons of doctors not being able to determine what I had.

Cathy Gray said...

What a cute boy! Thank-you so much for sharing his life... I really appreciate all you do to help keep family close!