Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Jaron is 10

We had lots of fun celebrating Jaron.  This year we are allowing the children a certain amount of money to use for their birthday.  I also asked for no large friend parties.  With the restrictions given Jaron decided to purchase the Good Dinosaur, candy, and a book series that he wanted.  
The day started with room decorations. Don was on a business trip so he wasn't able to help me with the room decorations.  I think I did okay without him.  The boys love the surprise of waking up to decorations.  Don had taken Jaron to get the things for his birthday before he left so that he could be a part of the day. In the evening Jaron invited his best friend Wyatt from school to come join us for dinner and the movie.  Of course there was cake which he designed and loved.  The cake was wedding cake which is more dense. It uses almond extract and vanilla extract.  This is his favorite kind of cake I would say.  I added sprinkles to the batter to make it confetti.  The movie he actually didn't love.  He said it was too sad. But aside from that I think the day was a real success.

Jaron loves rigatoni and other tomato and pasta based dinners.
Jaron loves all things sports.  He loves to play video games and play actual sports.  The sport he is practicing most right now is soccer.  He plays it every day at recess.
Jaron is very responsible and able to take care of himself pretty much.  It's kind of odd to have children that are able to do this.
Jaron still has his young side though.  I notice in comparison to other children his age he is still really young at heart.  He doesn't like sad or suspenseful movies, but is able to handle them better than when he was young. He calls me mommy still and isn't embarrassed to give me a huge hug in front of others.

No comments: