Valentine's Day at our house was really great. Don always buys me beautiful flowers. And this year I made him a bouquet of treats. No picture put it was kind of fun for me to do and I learned that I need to feel the vase with weight so that the treats aren't too heavy. It was a balancing act. Also hot glue came off the candy wrappers easily. So next year I need to either impala the treat or find a better working adhesive for the wrappers. The boys and I visited Don at work on Saturday to give him his bouquet.
Actual Valentine's Day was Sunday and we had French toast and heart shaped eggs.
After church Don turned on the new CD he made for me of love songs and we danced in the kitchen. Landon and Kayla were there watching us dance. From this Landon now says that when he gets married he is going to hug his wife, kiss her, and dance. Don and I aren't perfect at loving each other all the time, but I hope these moments will have an affect on what our children expect in a healthy relationship.
At dinner we gave out all our valentines. I give the boys valentines and Don now has his little princess to give one to. He gave her a rose. She was a little confused at first as to what she should do with the flower, but then we put it by mom's flowers and she understood. Every day following when she would look at it she would say, "Mine, Daddy." So she honestly knew what was going on.
Dinner was ok, I always think I can cook this amazing steak, but I just never can. Anyone want to teach me for next time? Everything else was great though.
I am grateful to have so many valentines in my life. Love is a great way to overcome the hardships that come with family life.
No comments:
Post a Comment