Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th

The 4th is always great fun for us. We start the day with the parade in Centerville.



After which we move on to Aunt Melody's (my dad's sister) were my dad's brothers come with their kids. The video is of my uncle Shane telling an experience he had written in his journal about my dad.
Jaron & Logan


There are always games for the kids!
Eating the famous popsicles. He must have ate around 10 during the day.
Jaron "gitting" me!


Then we do fireworks somewhere. This year we stayed with Melody's kids and went to Davis High. The loud noise got to Jaron a little, but Bryson was wide eyed in amazement.




It is a great time to be with family, it is something that dates back to before I can remember. The first 4th celebration I really remember was one where we went camping, not sure where exactly (help me out with this one family) and we made decorative fireworks out of wooden thread spindles. I remember odd things about it such as Craig telling me that every time he saw rays beaming through the clouds he thought of someone being taken up to heaven.

I can't resist taking a picture of a good sunset!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I had such a bad cold that we didn't do anything. That's cool that you have family close by.

Tiffany said...

Looks like a successful family day, your boys are so cute, way to be a great mom and dad.