Sunday, July 6, 2008

Wisdom, Order, Love & Health

Our lesson today in Relief Society was great. Shannon did a wonderful job and I feel blessed to have her in my life. She has been my VTer for some time now and she is one of the best people I know. This ward has so many wonderful examples and it is great to be able to feed off of each others testimonies. Anyway, she talked about not running faster than our feet can carry us. Surprisingly this is something I am always thinking about. As many of you know my health is not that wonderful, but I have learned something over the years that has been extremely valuable, if I listen to my body and what it is saying I can often prevent illness. The VTing message this month is about the human body, while VTing we talked about how wonderful the body is, it can do so many things such as repair itself, reproduce, fight disease . . . But also our mind is amazing and has remarkable power to influence our body. I know this to be true. I can only be running around so long before my body says "STOP!" Realizing this has been invaluable to keeping up on my health and I am proud to say I do not take medication nearly as much as I used to.
These thoughts I have been having all week about my health and other things were just added upon today in R.S. when we talked about wisdom & order. We only have so much time to do things, so it is important that our priorities are in tact. My priorities are (and please hold me to them): 1) to seek for the kingdom of God, 2) myself, 3) Don, 4) my children, 5) other family members & friends; from here it gets tricky I haven't figured it out from here because I often don't have the time to go beyond here.
I wanted to comment on a few of these, I know 2 seems a little selfish right, once you think about it though not really. Shannon gave the analogy of a bank account. You only have so much money (time or energy) and you wouldn't keep spending the money once it is gone now would you? I have to consider that I can't give to others if I am so tired, worn down, or without the spirit. Also another thought on this. We all have the same amount of time, and it is our choice what we do with it. I do have time to read my scripture, pray, have FHE, family time, take care of myself; but is something else more important that it takes presidency to it?
I wanted also to say a bit about 3. I often find myself putting Don on the back burner of my life, when in fact he is the one person in this life that matters the most. The relationship I establish with him has the potential to last for eternity. We will make worlds together be exalted together. I have come to realize this more and more over the past months and feel such a deep devotion to him and our love. As I have been focusing on him our relationship has been so much better, we have had very few arguments and our love is growing. It is wonderful!
The last thought I have been having about priorities is this. That priorities are not like juggling balls all in the air at the same time, they are more like spinning plates. Sometimes one needs more spinning than other and it is constantly changing which one needs the spinning. Also that personal revelation is key. If I seek for the Lords direction and guidance he will give it to me. Prayer is so important to keeping that connecting with our Father that we so desperately need.

Since about January I have been thinking a lot about love. As I have been working on being a better person I have felt that love is the answer. If I open my heart and let it be filled with the love of Christ I can spread that to those around me. Really try it out, what is the answer to being a better wife? Love. What is the answer to being a better mother? Love. What is the answer to dealing with that one person you just can't stand? Love. What is the answer to dealing with that wayward family member? Love. And I rest my case that as pure love fills the heart you are able to serve those around you so much better and with greater effect.

So there is what my heart has been filled with for the past little while. I hope it has helped someone else too.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

ME! You helped me, your amazing Pam, Im so glad I know you. Keep up the good work, your on the right path.