Saturday, July 26, 2008

Married for Better, Not Worse

Married for Better, Not Worse: The Fourteen Secrets to a Happy Marriage by Gary & Joy Lundberg
"Nearly every couple has some degree of difficulty in their marriage and most believe they are stuck with it. In too many marriages there is a spouse who has at some time thought "Wouldn't it be wonderful if he/she only..." In Married for Better, Not Worse, Gary and Joy Lundberg's husband-and-wife perspective addresses the different needs of men and women in sensitive, realistic, easy-to-understand advice that they are uniquely able to offer. In addition to having been married-and having raised five children-for more than forty-five years, the Lundbergs are the authors of the inspiring bestseller I Don't Have to Make Everything All Better, praised as "a magnificent book" by the authors of Chicken Soup for the Soul.
"Married for Better, Not Worse brims with fresh ideas, astute tips, and examples drawn from real-life couples' stories-including the Lundbergs' own. Their fourteen secrets cover everything from finances and parenting to communication and sex, from being each other's best friend to preserving a sense of humor and the surprising power of courtesy. Married for Better, Not Worse is the perfect prescription for healing hurts, enhancing communication, and achieving mutual emotional satisfaction. "

So this book is amazing!! It was a gift when we got married and I haven't read it until now. It is wonderful if you are struggling in your marriage or just looking to make it better. The one thing I learned from this is that surprise, surprise I am not perfect and changing me changes everything. The only person you can change is yourself. Working together with love and you got it R-E-S-P-E-C-T really works. Here are the secrets. I loved so many of then if you want to talk more with me about what I loved, or borrow the book, don't hesitate to call or e-mail.
1 - Return to the Beginning
2 - Keep Your Mate at the Top of Your List
3 - Be Each Other's Very Best Friend
4 - Focus on the Positive
5 - Appreciate the Differences
6 - Have a Sense of Humor!
7 - Enjoy Sexual Intimacy - Both of You
8 - Talk to Each Other
9 - Be Your Mate's Favorite Cheerleader
10 - Set Your Boundaries
11 - Raise Your Kids Together
12 - Manage Your Money in Harmony
13 - Nourish the Spiritual Side of Your Marriage
14 - Hold On Through the Hard Times

2 comments:

Jason and Laura Roe said...

Pam I want to read this! It sounds really good! Jason and I have always joked about someday writing a "marriage book" because of all the rollercoasters that we have ridden and made it off of:) I will have to order this online now that I don't live in Utah but from what I have read from you, it will be well worth it! By the way I know that we didn't hang out alot so you probably didn't consider me a super close friend, but I have to tell you that you always known when I was having a hard time and you were there for me through some of them, and I won't ever forget that! I love you too:)

Amy Simms said...

Sounds like an awesome book. We sure had fun with you guys over the 4th of July and at Kathleen's shower. Have a great day!